I get to wake up every morning and do things I love:
- I teach students in the Department of Landscape Architecture at the University of Illinois how to create healthy, sustainable places. I also serve as the Head of the Department.
- I conduct research that explores the extent to which, and in what ways, urban design impacts human health and wellbeing and I get to share the findings with scientists, designers, and policymakers. You can read about our work here.
- I am an active member of the Education Justice Project (EJP).
- I am a board member for the University YMCA, and the non-profit reDirect. I have the pleasure of being a Senior Fellow at the National Council for Science and the Environment.
- I am a member of the American Society of Landscape Architects, the Environmental Design Research Association, and the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture.
I live in Urbana with my wife Rebecca Ginsburg, son Eamon, and daughters Anna and Isabella.
If you’d like to contact me, you can email me or call (217) 244-5156.